International oil prices eased slightly, but may continue to surge on Ukraine

2022-08-04 0 By

Chinese and Foreign Oil and Gas News (1834) Thursday, the third day of the first month in the year of Renyin, February 02, 2022 Oil Price February 01, 2022 Oil price 1.The Norwegian Petroleum Board granted drilling permits for a number of Wells.The Norwegian Petroleum Board recently granted drilling permits for several new Wells.These Wells are: Shell’s 6305/5-C-3, Aker BP’s 35/4-3, and Equinor’s 34/4-17 S.(NPD, 31 January) 2. Gazprom signed a lithium production project document for the Kovyktinskoye field.A set of documents was signed today at the meeting held via video link, aimed at implementing the production and treatment project of formation brine (briny groundwater) at Gazprom’s Kovyktinskoye field in order to obtain lithium compounds and other valuable components.Alexey Miller, chairman of Gazprom’s management board, signed the cooperation agreement with Denis Manturov, Russia’s minister of industry and Trade.The parties agree, inter alia, to cooperate in research and development activities to create the domestic technology, equipment and materials required for the implementation of the project.The paper also envisages the drafting of proposals on state measures to support research and industrial enterprises.The tripartite Action Plan (road map) for the project was also signed by Gazprom, Irkutsk Oil Company and the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation.(Energy-pedia, 3 February) 3. Bp has acquired a 30% stake in the UK’s largest supplier of low emission hydrogenated vegetable oil fuels.Bp has acquired a 30% stake in Green Biofuels Ltd (GBF), the largest hydrogenated vegetable oil (HVO) supplier in the UK.GBF’s products are made from renewable ingredients such as vegetable oils, animal fats and fats.The range of products includes HVO Gd+, a low-emission advanced HVO fuel that is a direct alternative to diesel.The investment expands BP’s global biofuels portfolio, which it believes will be a key part of reducing carbon emissions and includes many diesel-operated assets.4.Shell posted a profit of $6.4 billion in the fourth quarter.Shell reports fourth-quarter 2021 adjusted profit of $6.4 billion;By the end of 2021, net debt had fallen to $52.6 billion, $23 billion less than in 2020.The stock will return $3.5 billion in 2021.The dividend is expected to grow by around 4% to $0.25 per share in q1 2022.The $8.5 billion share repurchase program will continue in the first half of 2022.(Shell, Feb. 3) 5. Shearwater GeoServices enters into strategic technology partnership with Conocophillips.Shearwater GeoServices announced its U.S. subsidiary, Shearwater GeoServices Software Inc.A technology sale and transfer agreement with Conocophillips that includes seismic imaging technology to be implemented in Shearwater’s Reveal software.6.Eni’s first exploration well off ABU Dhabi shows positive results.Eni drilled well XF-002 in block 2 offshore ABU Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) with positive logging results and a water depth of 115 m.Preliminary results from multiple high-quality reservoirs drilled in the Jurassic target zone indicate natural gas in situ (IP) of 1.5 to 2 TCF.Drilling operations will continue into the deeper target formation, the Khuff formation and the former Khuff Formation.The final discovery of the well will be evaluated after drilling is completed in the second quarter of 2022.Eni owns 70% of and operates Block 2, which was awarded in the 2019 tender.PTTP holds the remaining 30 per cent.(Eni, Feb. 3)